head mounted LED torch/ flashlight

Hi, I wish to buy a LED torch/ flashlight that is mounted on the head so as to leave both hands free. Could anyone recommend a good one that's not too expensive please?

Reply to
jw 1111

3W luxeon one off ebay from Hong Kong. I've got one, runs off 3 AAs, is about as bright as my 3D cell maglite, but has the advantage of not being massive and being able to attach it to your head without breaking your neck. £20 is about the going rate - posted an example below.

Doki

We bought several at Wal-Mart to use when camping. We paid around $12 a piece and they work great!

C. Massey

No Wal-Marts as far as I know in the UK mind...

Reply to
Doki

Then the OP should had stated they were in the UK...

Reply to
C. Massey

And here was me thinking that the fact that, amongst others, this was posted to a uk group was a good enough clue.....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Nope.. that doesn't mean a thing. Most of us in MCFL are in the USA... That's what he gets for cross posting...

Reply to
C. Massey

and you didn't bother to think about where your crossposts were going?

Reply to
jdoe

No... I don't bother looking to see if people cross post... I have better things to do with my time...

Bye...

Reply to
C. Massey

Yes there are. We have one in our town, like an asda but bigger. Like walmart in the use except no guns or car tyres for sale!

Reply to
Gordon Hudson

In message , Doki writes

ASDA is part of the Wal-Mart chain. They sell a cheap halogen headlight. Less than a fiver, I think. I bought one for night fishing and it's been fine. The batteries won't last as long as an LED unit though.

will give you loads for around 10 quid.

Reply to
Steve Walker

I just bought one for $9 at the local sports store. The headband is a little tight and doesnt adjust, so that could be an issue for long term wear. It can turn on

4,8 or 12 LEDs at a time.
Reply to
rick++

As your post demonstrates, this is clearly nonsense...

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

5 led multi function head ones in Charlies Aberystwyth £5.99 with Batteries
Reply to
BORG

Goody gumdrops for you.

Yes, but it was him that started the thread, and amongst other groups he posted to a uk group. Does that not tell you anything?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Reply to
tom&kel

The AstraVanMan entity posted thusly:

If that didn't clue him in, the use of the words "torch/ flashlight" should have.

Reply to
Oleg Lego

And here I was thinking that he wanted to mount a torch to his toilet. Pass a little gas and BOOM!

Reply to
jcr

The Swisstech LED headtorches from Texaco (and many other) petrol stations seem good for the money.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Err, one just down the road from me here in 'Ampshire.

Reply to
Steve Firth