Headlights.

jimstone.is says, Something I did not realize about headlights, HEADS UP:

On Friday, November 9, 2018 at 11:10:28 AM UTC-10, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

UP:
The idea of buying a car by headlight seems pretty goofy. I replaced the he adlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. These were from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They were beau tiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $150 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs, whoop ie!
(Amazon.com product link shortened) M1uB
On 11/9/2018 4:55 PM, dsi1 wrote:

Ignore him, the guy is a complete idiot. After years of trying, he still can't post a competent link despite having been spoon-fed instructions on how to do so.
On Friday, November 9, 2018 at 2:12:37 PM UTC-10, Heron wrote:

Well, to be fair, these new fangled bulletin boards are so dang tricky to log on to - even if you are using a high speed 56K baud modem!
On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 6:55:37 AM UTC+8, dsi1 wrote:

headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. These wer e from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They were be autiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $150 fo r both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs, who opie!

If you have polycarbonate headlights, they will go foggy. Where I live, averages 3000 hours blue skies a year.
On 10/11/18 9:38 pm, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wrote:

The fogging is usually just near the surface. You can get a buffing compound that takes out just the fogged surface, polishes it up and leaves a protective film. Just repolish every 6 - 12 months and it will stay looking like new.
I use this one;
https://www.turtlewax.com/our-products/renew-restore/turtle-wax-2-in-1-headlight-cleaner-sealant
Some people have had success with *toothpaste*. It's a mild polishing abrasive that will do the same cleaning job. Mix a little toothpaste with some lukewarm water, apply in a light circular motion, repeat as often as necessary. When the light looks clear, rinse off and dry with a soft cloth.
--

Xeno

On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 12:38:07 AM UTC-10, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wro te:

e headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. These w ere from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They were beautiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $150 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs, w hoopie!

Do blue skies and polycarbonate headlights have some connection to each oth er? Is 3000 hours of blue skies a year good or is it bad? I'm just so confu sed.
On 11/10/2018 05:12 PM, dsi1 wrote:

Sunlight damages plastic, paint and other things that sit outside.
--
Cheers, Bev
VISE GRIPS (VYS'-gripz) [n] A tool used to transfer intense
On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 4:18:52 PM UTC-10, The Real Bev wrote:

wrote:

the headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. Thes e were from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They we re beautiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $1 50 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs , whoopie!

other? Is 3000 hours of blue skies a year good or is it bad? I'm just so c onfused.

That makes sense. OTOH, blue skies never hurt nobody. The sun might though.
On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 11:15:46 AM UTC-10, dsi1 wrote:

om wrote:

ed the headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. Th ese were from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They were beautiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $150 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bul bs, whoopie!

ch other? Is 3000 hours of blue skies a year good or is it bad? I'm just so confused.

h.
On 11/11/18 12:12 pm, dsi1 wrote:

Come to *sunny Australia* and I think you will get the message very quickly. UV levels here average between 11 and 15 during the summer period and I live *below* the Tropic of Capricorn.
--

Xeno

On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 6:17:57 AM UTC-6, Xeno wrote:

wrote:

the headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. These were from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They wer e beautiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $15 0 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs, whoopie!

other? Is 3000 hours of blue skies a year good or is it bad? I'm just so c onfused.

I would like to live in Bali, Bali is not far from Australia. My old vehicl es have real Glass lights.
On Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 2:17:57 AM UTC-10, Xeno wrote:

wrote:

the headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. These were from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They wer e beautiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $15 0 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs, whoopie!

other? Is 3000 hours of blue skies a year good or is it bad? I'm just so c onfused.

I'll take your word for it!