Headlights.

jimstone.is says, Something I did not realize about headlights, HEADS UP:

Reply to
allisellis851

On Friday, November 9, 2018 at 11:10:28 AM UTC-10, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrot e:

The idea of buying a car by headlight seems pretty goofy. I replaced the he adlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. These were from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They were beau tiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $150 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs, whoop ie!

M1uB

Reply to
dsi1

Ignore him, the guy is a complete idiot. After years of trying, he still can't post a competent link despite having been spoon-fed instructions on how to do so.

Reply to
Heron

Well, to be fair, these new fangled bulletin boards are so dang tricky to log on to - even if you are using a high speed 56K baud modem!

Reply to
dsi1

headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. These wer e from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They were be autiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $150 fo r both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs, who opie!

If you have polycarbonate headlights, they will go foggy. Where I live, averages 3000 hours blue skies a year.

Reply to
pedro1492

The fogging is usually just near the surface. You can get a buffing compound that takes out just the fogged surface, polishes it up and leaves a protective film. Just repolish every 6 - 12 months and it will stay looking like new.

I use this one;

Some people have had success with *toothpaste*. It's a mild polishing abrasive that will do the same cleaning job. Mix a little toothpaste with some lukewarm water, apply in a light circular motion, repeat as often as necessary. When the light looks clear, rinse off and dry with a soft cloth.

Reply to
Xeno

On Saturday, November 10, 2018 at 12:38:07 AM UTC-10, snipped-for-privacy@lycos.com wro te:

e headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. These w ere from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They were beautiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $150 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs, w hoopie!

Do blue skies and polycarbonate headlights have some connection to each oth er? Is 3000 hours of blue skies a year good or is it bad? I'm just so confu sed.

Reply to
dsi1

Sunlight damages plastic, paint and other things that sit outside.

Reply to
The Real Bev

Come to *sunny Australia* and I think you will get the message very quickly. UV levels here average between 11 and 15 during the summer period and I live *below* the Tropic of Capricorn.

Reply to
Xeno

the headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. These were from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They wer e beautiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $15

0 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs, whoopie!

other? Is 3000 hours of blue skies a year good or is it bad? I'm just so c onfused.

I would like to live in Bali, Bali is not far from Australia. My old vehicl es have real Glass lights.

Reply to
allisellis851

the headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. Thes e were from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They we re beautiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $1

50 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs , whoopie!

other? Is 3000 hours of blue skies a year good or is it bad? I'm just so c onfused.

That makes sense. OTOH, blue skies never hurt nobody. The sun might though.

Reply to
dsi1

ed the headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. Th ese were from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They were beautiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $150 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bul bs, whoopie!

ch other? Is 3000 hours of blue skies a year good or is it bad? I'm just so confused.

Reply to
dsi1

the headlight housing on my car because they were all fogged to hell. These were from eBay and shipped directly from deepest, darkest, China. They wer e beautiful. You can also get them from Amazon.com. They cost me around $15

0 for both sides - including postage. The set even came with all the bulbs, whoopie!

other? Is 3000 hours of blue skies a year good or is it bad? I'm just so c onfused.

I'll take your word for it!

Reply to
dsi1