HELP! 5th gear synchro keeps breaking!

Does anyone know what might be causing my 5th gear synchro to break on a 98 Honda Civic 5 spd? I'vd had it repaired and it is still covered under warranty, but after having it repaired it would break again after a couple days. Im not driving hard or racing or anything of the like. I've been driving stick all my life and this is the first time a car have ever given me this kind of trouble.

I've since had the 5th gear synchro replaced several times from the mechanic at no charge, but its the time Im putting in to not have the car for three days is what Im wasting. My warranty is also going to expire soon so I would have to pay for having it fixed again. My mechanic is stumped on why it keeps breaking over and over again.

Please recommend me on what might be causing this. Thanks! Peter

Reply to
Peter