Honda Civic suspension -- going backwards?

Hi,

I have a 1999 Honda Civic. It has multi link read and Wish-bone front suspension. The newer Civics have Macpherson strut suspension. I though Wish-bone set ups were ment to be better, or does this make such a small difference no one cares?

The more expensive Honda's still have the Wish-bone front.

Why did honda go for a Macpherson Strut? Cost?

Best, Mike.

Reply to
hobbes

MacPherson is a tradeoff, gives more engine room particularly where engine is mounted transversely. The double A-arm or wishbone is superior in some ways.

Reply to
HLS

hobbes wrote in news:3c8e76f1-5199-4995-8799- snipped-for-privacy@k2g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

From MY 2000 and up. You have one of the last of the "complex" cars.

Bean counters and safety nuts run Honda now, not the engineers.

The more expensive the car the better the margin, and the more room there therefore is for frills like sexy suspensions.

Cost. Struts are way cheaper.

Reply to
Tegger