Honda four wheeler

I was 'given" a Honda four wheeler today.

Tires flat, battery flat, etc.

I took out the battery but could not tell if it is 12volts or 6, or even somthing else. The darn OEM battery had little info on the battery itself.

Any hints??

Reply to
HLS

How many caps are on it? 3 = 6V, 6 = 12V

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

No caps, at this point ...A strip covering the cells. I just got home with it. Maybe in the clear mornings light I can give more info.

Reply to
HLS

I'd bet a fair amount of money that it's 12 volt. There are other ways to find out, however. You could get a manual for it, but that would probably cost more than what your Honda is worth. Try looking on the regulator and it should say the voltage rating. If nothing else, take out a bulb, look at the number on the bulb and go to a parts store to find the rating.

Or.........you could call a Honda dealer and ask.

Reply to
Kruse

pry the strip off, that'll give you your answer.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I just went out there with a flashlight, and can see six indentations under the seal strip, therefore a 12 volter.

I put it on charge tonight at 2 amperes, and we will see what tomorrow brings.

It is a Honda Recon, and further searching indicates it is 12V.

I brought some other stuff in tonight, and maybe tomorrow I will find out what it is really good for.

Thanks all

Reply to
HLS

How many cells does the battery have?

If you apply 6V to the headlight, does it light to full brilliance?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I found out it is a 12 volter. Picked up a new battery last night, and will install it this morning and hit the start button. This machine has not been run in about a year, and will see what it takes to bring it back to life. Thanks

Reply to
HLS