How hard is it to change a car's door lock ?

I've got a nissan maxima and I'm replacing a door, I would like to take the old lock out and put it in the new door.

It's looks very hard to get at the lock from the inside of the door, is there a special tool or so to make it easier ?

Thanks

Reply to
steve

It's very easy. On the lock there will be a small rod that's attached to the core. I will usually be in a plastic 'holder'. It will pop right out. The clock core is held to the door by a large sheet metal clip, just slide this off and the lock core will fall out to the outside of the door. Reverse proceedure to install. (I am assuming since you can replace a door you know how to take the interior trim, armrest,etc off to the door's innards)

Reply to
Brent P