How to Research Car Purchase Online

Sorry that I'm posting this to the wrong group but I couldn't find anywhere else. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good place to go online to research used cars. Consumer Reports only goes back four years and I'll prob. end up buying an older car. Thanks for the help. Also, as a generic question: I've been biased towards Japanese cars but are the Chrysler Sebrings and the such any good...lets say a five year old one??? Or should I stick with Japanese cars??? Thanks.

Reply to
jchristman

I suppose it you can afford the premium price of the Japanese vehicle and the extra parts cost you could buy Japanese. I'm curious as to what makes you think ALL used Japanese cars are better than ALL used domestic cars. The used car you buy is only as good as THAT used car. If you pick a good one fine. When one buys a used car you can never know for sure what type od use or abuse it was subjected to or what quality of maintenance it did or did not receive. Afterall it is a vehicle that somebody no longer wanted. When shopping for a used car take someone with you that knows cars and buy the best one available in your area that fits you needs and budget, forget brands, WBMA.

mike hunt

snipped-for-privacy@removethishotp>

Reply to
MikeHunt

Reply to
jchristman

Mr. Christman-

Mike came off snotty and sarcastic, but he was actually right on target with his remarks, if perhaps not with his tone: You appear to have preconceived notions about certain specific "inherent engineering differences" that cannot accurately be said to exist across all American vs. Japanese (vs. German, vs. Swedish vs. Korean...) cars. If you lack the experience and/or engineering sense to be able to judge a particular car, and therefore must rely on research, then go to it, but you make it sound as though you've already made up your mind.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J Stern

snipped-for-privacy@removethishotpop.com wrote: : Sorry that I'm posting this to the wrong group but I couldn't find : anywhere else. : Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could tell me a good place to go : online to research used cars. Consumer Reports only goes back four : years and I'll prob. end up buying an older car.

I simply went to google.com and input the model of the car I was considering buying. Lots of reviews came up for the car.

edmunds.com might also be a good source.

b.

Reply to
<barry

Welcome to Mikes World.

Try here.

I have owned Japanese and American cars

Reply to
Stephen Bigelow

Yeah, I have already made up my mind to buy Japanese and no, I'm not a complete moron, I know a little about cars, enough to know that I want a Jap car. Okay, no problem there. Anwyay, Edmunds is a good site, and its totally free. Thanks.

John

Reply to
jchristman