I don't know where to start...

I have a 91 corsica, 3.1 v6. I dont know where to start when talking about whats wrong with it. Well, 1st it wasnt getting hot enough, put in a new thermostat. Now it stalls whenever it wants to...it'll start fine, idles slightly rough. But after driving...no set amount of time or certain speed, it rides really rough, engine light comes on and stalls. I noticed too, that its running really hot, but doesnt over heat. I'm sure I forgot to mention a few things..thats the main probs. I took it to a mechanic, he checked some sensors,put a new egr valve. Any suggestions? I'd love to have my car back......thanx

Reply to
cinn777

Just for reference, your messages would be much more readable and easy to reply to if you hit enter every

80 characters or so, like I had to manually do to your message above. The reason why the quote is truncated is because of the character limit in a single string in my software.

That being said, your engine has multiport fuel injection and likely DIS for ignition, you will need a factory manual and some basic tools such as a multimeter to troubleshoot all the many things that can cause your symptoms. If you have some basic mechanical aptitude and the ability to learn mechanical and electrical concepts, the factory manual will allow you to troubleshoot your system quite well. Note, by factory manual, I refer to the GM manual, not a Chiltons/Haynes/etc. aftermarket manual. Those rarely have in-depth info on troubleshooting modern injection and emissions control systems.

Good luck!

JazzMan

Reply to
JazzMan