I felt very warm on my feet while driving. Is there something wrong with my car?

I was wearing my slippers while driving tonight. I felt very warm on my feet. It was not like a wind blowing to my feet. More like radiate heat. I turned the fan off, still warm. The ambient temperature on the panel showed 83F, but I felt at most 75 F. The water temperature was normal.

Is there something wrong with my car?

Thank you in advance

Reply to
Shawn C

Sounds normal to me. (Assuming you have a typical car with the engine in the front.)

Reply to
Paul

Sounds normal, some vehicles like Jeeps even have a heat warning sticker on the tranny tunnel when you remove the carpets.

Mike

2000 Cherokee Sport 86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG AT's, 'glass nose to tail in '00 'New' frame and everything else in '09. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build Photos:
Mike Romain

I have read some posts in the past from people who had engine problems that caused the catalytic converter to overheat. IIRC, in some of these the exhaust manifold was glowing red.

The car may be normal, but it wouldnt hurt to have someone (a competent mechanic) have a look at it.

Reply to
HLS

What happens when you take your slippers off and drive with bare feet?

Reply to
Alan

So does it feel like the heater is stuck on? On most cars the "heater core" -- a small radiator -- is in the passenger footwell where there's more room for it.. However, if the temperature control is on the warm side -- or the KNOB is on the cool side but the actual valve in the heater core didn't respond properly -- you could definitely get that warm feeling all over, even with the fan off.

Does it seem hotter, and windier, down there with the vent control to "flow through" than it does on "recirculate"?

Try putting the A/C on and see if it blows warm or cold (assuming you have A/C -- and it works!)

Or does it feel as though the floor itself is what's hot? Perhaps the exhaust system components down there are heating it up -- maybe normally (i.e., your car has always been like this but you never noticed because you always had shoes on); maybe because a heat shield has gone missing; maybe, as someone else noted, because the catalytic converter is hotter than usual.

--Joe

Reply to
jtchew1

Thank you everyone! It will take a while for me to digest all the information.

Reply to
Shawn C