Engine hunting while aircon is switched on

Hi my dad has got a 1998 Ford Cougar 2.5 V6 and when the aircon is switched on the engine starts to hunt between 750 - 1100 RPM and continues to hunt while driving until about 2000 RPM giving a jerky feeling, this does disappear above 2000 RPM however.I would be very grateful if anyone could shed some light on this problem. Many thanks in advance for any feedback. Dean

Reply to
Dean

the air con compressor is switched and controlled by the PCM/ECU maybe its just low(or has none)air con refridgement (R134a) it is 7 years old now, when was it last done?

Reply to
ford_technical_

Why do you call it Aircon? Are you filipino? Everyone else calls it the A/C, or air conditioning. Southerners call it "Central Air" regaurding a house.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

Dirty/worn IAC valve.