Improvised Block Heater

The OP should know better than to believe statistics but he -did- grow up in Tucson. ;)

Alvin in AZ (and way too friggin close to Tucson) ps- like to be closer to Bowie :/

Reply to
alvinj

- Nehmo -

- Mark Jones -

- Nehmo - I apologize if you took offense. I'm sure the city has been great for you.

Reply to
Nehmo Sergheyev

When in the Canadian military back about 1984 we did that all night with one of our diesel trucks when we were camped in the middle of no-where with no electricity. Started it every 2 or 3 hours as per the directions from DND. Worked for us.

Reply to
Ken Pisichko

You don't have a block heater, you have an oil pan heater. Warming the oil is a good idea, that's why electric dipsticks are available in colder climates, but it won't heat up the block a whole bunch.

Cheers, Lech

Reply to
Lech K. Lesiak

When working at the county airport in the 80's, we just left the snowplows running all night during severe weather. They have nice, heated buildings for the equiptment now.

Reply to
R.White