In 3 days - 2 cracked windshields

Hi, On Wednesday of last week my windshield was fine. I drove the car to work. At lunch time I found a crack from near the base of the drivers side all the way to the middle of the windshield. I figured I missed of hit something on the drive in and since it was hot the crack just got worse.

On Thursday, I had the glass replaced in the morning. Today, Saturday, it was fine in the morning, but when I went out in the evening I saw that I had a crack from the passenger's side going up.

Is this just bad luck, or does anyone think that there might be a problem with the frame or something else?

Thanks, Brian

Reply to
Brian S. Paskin

Snipers in the area? :)

Reply to
mc

Bad luck either way. No really, just bad luck unless you recently wrecked your car. . I had 3 cracked in one month. I had glass coverage on my insurance policy so I had them replaced. The insurance company cancelled my policy the next month because of it.

Reply to
Kevin

If the car was bought used, it's possible it's a wreck that was spliced into another car. Another possibility is direct contact between metal and glass due to a burr poking up from the window opening or the glass not being centered in the opening. Some shops do sloppy work, especially those that advertise reimbursement of the insurance deductible or free dinners.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me

The car was bought used 3 years ago from the dealer. I also did a carfax on it and it came up clean. In MA, winshields are covered by insurance. They told me where to go. I will call them first thing on Monday, as it is still under warranty. Thanks.

Reply to
Brian S. Paskin

Reply to
Denton

Carfax reports have been known to be clean even for vehicles involved in multiple collisions. It's mostly a sales gimmick and is no substitute for a physical inspection.

Some garages that cater to the insurance business are known for slipshod work.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me