Cracked Windshield

Has anyone that owns a Subaru had a problem with a cracked windshield that they won?t cover under the warranty?

Reply to
Kristi

Another "Feature" of Subaru's...the windshield are slapped in during the build. The body flexes and the windshield cracks. Subaru of America doesn't like to cover ANYTHING under warranty. You have to force them to stand behind these cheesy cars. Good luck, be VERY persistent.

Reply to
Porgy Tirebiter

Nope.

But, I'm willing to bet if you have comprehensive on your auto policy that it is applicable toward it, less your deductible. And if it's just a chip, they'll probably fix the chip for free.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Depends what caused it. If the windshield heater caused it they may cover. If a rock why should they/

Reply to
bigjim

Avoid the hassle. Find a real mechanic who has a half hour to spare and a windshield. This is ridiculous. I've got it down to 20 minutes on petrified sealer to hack through... The drama the trauma! Oh My!

Reply to
bgd

Um... the big deal is what a windshield for a Subaru costs to replace. It's not like changing oil.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

What state are u in?

In FL, insurance companies will replace the windshield with no deductible, meaning, 0 cost to you. As far as I undertand, state regulations.

The only thing they do here is check that the cracked windshield is not due to a pedestrian you hit, ;)

In my case, they even came to change it in my garage.

Good luck!

Kristi wrote:

Reply to
AS

That means in Fl, you already paid for the new windshield.

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

Reply to
bigjim

Hi,

Warranty on cracked windshield? Hmmm...

I won't say it couldn't be a factory defect, but careful examination will probably show a rock chip. Depending on weather, it can take several days from the time of the strike until the crack starts.

I wouldn't hold my breath on warranty coverage.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

Hi,

Do you have to stay up late at night to come up with this stuff? I'm SURE Subaru has a special "cheesy" way to install windshields nobody else in the industry uses. Uh, huh.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Courtright

I had a windshield spontaneously crack on my '99 Outback. Driving the freeway, no other cars in sight, all of a sudden a bang that sounded like a .22 rifle followed by a growing crack top to bottom in the middle of the windshield.

Car was long out of warranty so that wasn't an issue, but it would have been interesting had it been in warranty.

Reply to
Jim Stewart