inner tie rod bushings question

My driver side inner tie rod doesn't have the rubber bushing in it anymore and so there is about 2 inches of free play in the tie rod if you jack the wheel up and pull and push on the tie rod.

Advance sold me a $10 kit that lets you install a new bushing but there were two kits. One was the entire bushing, metal cylinder with rubber outer all in one piece but I didn't get this one because it looked like it might be hard to press into the tie rod and I don't have any tools made for this purpose. Are any tools required?

There is another kit that splits the rubber bushing into two halves and they slide over the metal cylinder so presumably this won't require any special tools.

Reply to
August

Just curious.....

What car has rubber-bushed tie rods these days?

August wrote in article ...

Reply to
Bob Paulin