Installing rear shocks on a truck

Could someone tell me how easy it is to install rear shocks on a 86.5 Nissan 4x2 truck (solid axle). It looks pretty easy, but I'm told that new shocks come strapped in the compressed position and that I have to cut the straps and quickly mount it before it fully extends. How easy is it to do that, if needed? Once the shocks are fully extended, how easy is it to compress by hand (for both mono and twin tubes)?

Anyone also have any recommendations on shocks. I currently have KYB GR-2, but one of them leaked. I didn't really like the shocks too much even when they were new.

- Dave

Reply to
Dave

Just realized that I didn't thank ya'll for the replies. Turned out the install was pretty easy since the shocks were low-pressure.

Thanks,

- Dave

Reply to
Dave

Yeah, it's nice to get useful answers when you post questions on a newsgroup.

Reply to
alan