2001 SL1 auto need remote starter recomendation

I have a 2001 SL1 w/auto trans, keyless entry. I would like to install a remote starter to deal with northern michigan winters and let the car warm up before I drive off.

Anyone with a similar saturn configuration, could you tell me what brand you used and any stumbling blocks?

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Hello there, I work at a store that sells and installs remote start systems in NS, Canada. All Saturn cars starting in 2000 are equipped with GM's PassLock II security system, make sure any place you take it to is very familiar with this system. They may cause your vehicle to fail to start with the key if wired improperly. Look for good quality brands, such as Autostart, CompuStar, CommandStart, DEI, UltraStart, etc. Avoid cheapies, such as Bulldog, AutoCommand, Audiovox, etc. The cheaper units usually don't have much protection to prevent the unit from over-running the starter, and could potentionally damage your starter, and GM will not cover it under warranty (obviously).

Reply to
Logan Parker

Ditto on that.

I installed my own AutoStart on my 2001 SL2 standard. Accommodating the PassLock II system was a bit of a hassle.

Btw, Logan, I'm in NL. Nice to see some fellow eastern Canadians here!!

Cheers!

Glomis

Reply to
Glomis

I've installed a remote starter in my 91 saturn, I will be installing one on a 97 Lumina soon..

I';ve installed a Crimestopper RS-900VI system Easy install, With the (& model I have purchased the the Passlock I Bypass to go with it....

The one I have purchased has many safty features and options. You may want to check them out.....

Not trying to start a Manufacturer War here but Research your remote starter and use one you like and has the options...

I bought mine from ebay for 80 bucks.. Some will say mine is a crappy remote starter but I say differently.... Its all on the install!!

Reply to
Joe Biadasz

Thanks for the info. I'm searching the brand names you listed for the unit that has best features/price.

Wes

"Logan Parker" wrote:

Reply to
clutch