Invisible water!!!!

The movie shows a very innovative technique of invisible water... enjoy!!!!

Reply to
Sameera

I expect that the tank in the background is labeled "Freon R-12", "CO2", or something similar.

(The dish is filled with heavier-than-air gas of some sort, and the tinfoil boat is floated on it. The beaker is dipping the gas, which is then dumped into the "boat" to sink it.)

Reply to
Don Bruder

Pure steam is invisible. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

sulfur hexafluoride

Reply to
Thomas Tornblom

True, but I guarantee that the demo seen there had nothing to do with steam.

(If it did, the guy who was dipping the beaker into it is now in the hospital getting skin grafts and hoping that some day he'll be able to use his hand again...)

Reply to
Don Bruder

You can do this with several heavy gasses, including propane.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

COULD do it with propane? Yes.

Would WANT TO under any but the most rigidly controlled (strip-search of audience for lighters, matches, etc before entry permitted, removal of shoes/boots with hobnails, all switches, sockets, etc sealed) conditions? HELL NO!

Reply to
Don Bruder

I was wondering if good ol' carbon-tet would be dense enough.

Dave

Reply to
spamTHISbrp