Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years - saving over $400

As I said, I'm allergic to illogical bullshit.

While there are times where road force balancing is required, there are certainly times when it's not required - and hence - a waste of duplicative effort.

It's sort of like combing your hair a hundred times a day even though your hair doesn't need combing, or sippering up your zipper when it's already zippered up, or climbing stairs twice when you already climbed them, or washing a windshield when it's already clean, or screwing a screw in over and over again even though it'[s already screwed in, or shining your shoes again even though they're already shiny, or eating a nice meal, then puking it out, and then eating it again, and again, and again, or like carrying around four umbrellas even though one would suffice, etc.

The point is simple: o You either need it o Or you don't.

If you don't need it then why insist on it? o Or, put another way...how do you know you need it?

The real answer is that you just _think_ you need it. o It's a classic FUD ploy that advertisers live and breathe

The gullible sheep fall for every marketing trick in the book.

I'm not saying RFB isn't a good thing when it's needed. o I'm simply asking you how you know that you need it?

LOGIC QUESTION: If you're not feeling any perceptible vibration, what do you think that expensive Hunter RFB machine is going to gain you?

Reply to
Arlen G. Holder

Hi Steve,

The one problem with that statement is that, IMHO, nobody here really seems to have viable facts for an accuratge percentage of wheels that actually _need_ to be dynamically balanced when the match mounting and static balance is done well and where there isn't any perceptible vibration at speed.

Since you make the strong claim above, do you actually have any statistics to help us understand what your belief system is actually based upon?

Reply to
Arlen G. Holder

Why not skip the silly BS and tell us why it is not needed or how we can tell if needed or not?

Give is facts, not the BS above. Instead of calling people gullible, educate them.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On a modern car it's a waste of time.

Reply to
Xeno

I can replace a tyre with only a beadbreaker, a couple of tyre levers and a rubber mallet and have done so more times than I care to count on rims as varied as Morris Minis rims through to large tractor rims. It is

*not* a difficult task *if you know what you're doing* but it is one I prefer not to do now that I am retired. What I can say is that I have seen lots of tyres *damaged* beyond repair by halfwitted loons who *think* they know how to change one.

I'd bet I've changed far more tyres than you've had hot dinners. And not always with a beadbreaker on hand.

If there is any bullshit being spouted here, odds on it would be you.

Reply to
Xeno

You think I'm Rod Speed? Now that's funny.

Reply to
Xeno

Born in 1952 and raised in Australia. I'm not quite as old as you think I am.

One of the few reasonable usenet access portals available, not surprising more than one person uses it. I also rum Macs here and post from an iPhone and iPad using a paid version of Newstap. You can easily verify that.

I am not and I have had the odd stoush with Rod.

HTH

Reply to
Xeno
Reply to
Arlen G. Holder

Hi Clare,

Adults generally have no problem agreeing on both facts & resultant logic.

I agree with you that you have more experience than almost anyone on this ng, where your experience dwarfs that of mine.

When I was a mere child, I couldn't understand why kids didn't fix their own bikes, where I changed tubes using just a flathead screwdriver (puncturing tubes in the process of course) and a bicycle pump.

Later, I couldn't find anyone to do motorcycle tires when I was in high school, so I changed my own tires then (which were, in the beginning, also tube type tires, of course), switching to a small compressor.

It was years before I 'graduated' to vehicle tires, where the process is the same; the tools just went from a forty cent screwdriver for bikes, to a four dollar set of bike irons, and now to a forty dollar HF tire changer, and a 220VAC compressor. :)

*The fact is that it's _easy_ to change automotive tires at home.*

Hi Clare,

Adults generally have no problem agreeing on both facts & resultant logic.

I fully _agree_ with your logic, and I applaud you honesty, since almost everyone who is posting is dishonest to themselves just as my grandkids are dishonest when making up lame excuses for why they don't do their chores.

The simple fact is that almost everyone (if not everyone) who posted a lame excuse for why they can't DIY, simply doesn't like the DIY.

I don't know why they can't be honest with themselves, when you and I are honest with each other and to ourselves.

*The logic is that most people _hate_ changing automotive tires at home.*

I again agree with you, where I personally damaged the first old tire which I had repaired with a patch plug, from my bimmer, to the point that I literally "bent" the bead of the tire.

When I drove on it afterward, even though it was statically balanced, it thumped ferociously, so I had to replace it with a new tire, and that was when, I think, you first informed me of the "drop center" trick.

With that drop-center trick, the amount of force required to seat that last bead is almost impossible (and, in fact, it bent the thick tire iron in the HF tool).

Now, with the drop center comprehended, it takes a very easily manageable force such that a wimpy teenage boy could, IMHO, easily change a tire with the $40 HF crappy tool.

Again, I agree with everything you say Clare, since I'm a reasonable adult who simply loves facts, and who applies logic to those facts.

Most people who posted seem to believe in imaginary facts, and hence their logic is all screwed up, simply because the main fact is that they don't like to do the DIY (which is OK).

There are things I no longer enjoy doing too, such as washing the car, where I sometimes pay others to wash my car, but, unlike most of the posters to this thread, I am honest with myself that the real reason I don't DIY wash my own car is that I don't like it.

I don't make up all sorts of idiotic lame excuses like the others did.

What you'll always hear from me is something that, I posit, is highly unusual for Usenet, which is that I only speak facts and then I apply basic adult logical reasoning to those facts.

Those who can't comprehend facts are the ones I disagree with. o I don't disagree with you on almost anything, Clare.

That's because you also speak facts and you also are honest with yourself in your logical deductions of why you don't DIY your own tires at home.

Hi Clare,

I disagree with you on _that_ one logical deduction, where I can easily _prove_ that your belief system in that statement is purely imaginary.

Bear in mind that it's trivial to prove your belief system imaginary. o It only takes three simple words.

With those three simple words, your belief system is DESTROYED. o Just as it's destroyed for people who claim the earth is flat.

If your belief system is DESTROYED so easily in seconds, Clare... o What does that say about your belief system being wholly imaginary?

Imaginary belief systems have exactly _zero_ facts supporting them, Clare.

Hence, these 3 words prove your belief system wholly imaginary. o Name just one

That is, if you actually believe I've spouted bullshit, then you should be able to find at least one cite in this thread where I've spouted bullshit and claimed it was fact.

Hence, the ADULT thing to ask you, if you believe I did so, is simply: o Name just one instance where my material facts were "bullshit"

HINT: You can't. WHY NOT: Because I don't make shit up, Clare. That's a fact.

Reply to
Arlen G. Holder

Yikes! That attribution to Clare was a faux pas for which I publicly apologize.

In my hasty response to both Clare & Xeno, I mixed up the attribution, where both the agreements and the disagreement with Xeno in the prior post were accidentally, on my part, attributed to Clare.

I apologize for making that "thinko" mistake.

While my material facts are never wrong, I do make thinkos, which happens on Usenet which is a casual medium that can't be easily corrected in situ.

So I _correct_ my attribution of both agreement & disagreement in the prior post to XENO and not to Clare.

My humble apologies and plead nolo contendere. Mea culpa.

Reply to
Arlen G. Holder

Hi Xeno,

Most people who posted to this thread, IMHO, have proven that they own completely imaginary belief systems, where the logical proof is that their ludicrous excuses instantly failed the simplest of the simple tests of any belief system, which is the three words when someone declares an opion o Name just one FACT from which that belief system is based upon.

Given these vehicles I'm working on are all about two decades old (give or take), can you name just one FACT that supports your belief system stated above?

I'm not saying your belief system is correct, nor am I saying it's not correct, since you stated your belief system clearly, but you didn't state even a single fact that backs up that strongly held belief system.

What FACT is your strongly held belief system actually based upon?

Reply to
Arlen G. Holder

What actual fact is your strongly held belief system based upon, Xeno?

Reply to
Arlen G. Holder

Sure, but not something that needs to be avoided at all costs. It can be better than nothing if say you are in the wilds of africa or my country and there is no proper balancing available and it will be a while till you can get to where proper balancing is available.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Arlen G. Holder snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net wrote

I do in fact love DIY and designed and built my own fancy passive solar house from scratch on a bare block of land, unlike you.

The difference is that I am selective about what I DIY and am not actually stupid enough to waste my time doing stuff like static balancing my wheels when I can get a much better result for free from an operation that has the equipment that it makes no sense for me to buy.

And made an immense amount of money on the stock market as well, DIYing that too.

Reply to
Rod Speed

That’s someone else entirely.

Reply to
Rod Speed

A Jap would at least have the decency to disembowel itself.

Don’t make a mess of the carpet, do it outside so someone can DIY the gore away with a pressure washer.

Reply to
Rod Speed
Reply to
Arlen G. Holder

Some drunken drug crazed paranoid fool currently desperately cowering behind Arlen G. Holder snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net spewed just the shit that always pours from the back of it when its got done like a f****ng dinner, as it always is.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Hi Rod Speed,

I'm allergic to your bullshit. o Hence, I'll be blunt with you, Rod Speed.

In response to your worthless and childish boast above, as you know, you asked on the net long ago how to set up a shared feed to your neighbor's wifi where I spent a lot of time and effort purposefully helping you, even though you're a well-known mostly worthless troll on the Apple newsgroups.

As a well-educated adult, I too can boast, like you just did, of many things that I've done that you couldn't hope to even comprehend, Rod Speed, given my multiple degrees and decades of experience at startups in the Silicon Valley.

What I find disturbing about almost _all_ your posts, Rod Speed, is not so much that you prove to own the brain of a child, but that you add not only _zero_ technical value to almost every thread you post to, but your posts actually add _negative_ value (as does this response to your worthless boasts above).

Name just one.

Rod ... given you have almost always failed, in the past, to own a belief system that could be backed up by even a _single_ cite, if your belief system above of the free automotive balancing that everyone else can use isn't completely imaginary, please cite a reference on the net that I can check, which shows what you just claimed above.

After having purchased tires at the best price from Simple Tire...

*I'd love to find this "free" automotive dynamic balancing, Rod.* o For myself - and for everyone here who reads your worthless drivel

Assuming, for the moment, that you actually own the brain of an adult, then I simply ask you the same question I ask of myself, and all adults, who own beliefs, since a belief system, IMHO, should be backed up by at least one reputable fact.

Hence, if your belief system isn't completely imaginary, then simply... o Name just one

Hi Rod Speed,

I'm allergic to your bullshit.

If your belief system if this "free dynamic balancing" for automotive tires is actually based on a single fact, Rod Speed, then, if you're an adult, you should be able to back up that claim with at least a single cite that bolsters your claims above, where I can: o Buy tires online for the best price & have them shipped to me, and then o Have them dynamically balanced, "for free", as you claim you do, Rod Speed.

This is the test of an imaginary belief system, Rod Speed. o If your belief is not imaginary, then you'll pass this simple 3-word test.

If your belief system is based on an actual fact that you can cite, Rod: o Name just one.

Reply to
Arlen G. Holder

Jesus Christ, Rod Speed, o Stop it.

Just stop. o Stop proving that you're a mere child, Rod Speed.

Please.

What's interesting is that I don't even have to bother to dig up a cite showing why it's a fact that you own the brain of a child, Rod Speed.

All I have to do is point to what you just wrote above. o You prove me right by what you post Rod Speed.

Your posts add _negative_ value Rod Speed. o As does my response to ask you to please stop wasting our time.

As such, this is my _last_ post to you in this thread, Rod Speed. o I do that to _spare_ others the childish drivel you so very much enjoy.

Reply to
Arlen G. Holder