Valet broke my brakes

Tonight when I gave my 97 Mercury to the parking valet the brakes were normal. When I got it back the pedal had to go to the floor to stop.
There are 2 systems right? Would it do that if one line broke?

Tom Del Rosso wrote:

That would be what it would do if a line failed. Line probably rusted off. Very common. Check the brake fluid level.
--
Steve W.