light bulb for the ventilation controls

The car is a 2003 GTI. The temperature control switch, fan speed switch and airflow distribution switch are no longer being illuminated whenever the headlights are switched on. The lights for the instrument panel are still functional. There's a bulb behind the fan speed knob/switch which appears to be broken.

How do I remove the bulb? I've tried pulling it but it does not want to come out easily.

Reply to
Ototin