Lucas c40 generator substitute (yes generator - ancient!)

Hello,

Any suggestions for a more modern substitute for the Lucas C40 generator? This is for a 1960 Series II 109" I'm up for fabing a new mounting bracket/arm and fooling with wiring, voltage regulators, etc.

Or is there a source for reasonably priced rebuilt C40s? I can live with the 22 Amps. I'm in the States.

Thanks

Jay

Reply to
jj

Lucas being British, you might try the one of the forums at Classic and Sports Car magazine

I am sure someone there has done what you are trying to do. Dan

(This account is not used for email.)

jj ( snipped-for-privacy@peg.com) writes:

Reply to
Dan Beaton

I am partial to the 'GM' Delco 'one wire' units. They are easy to work with and have a lot of different brackets already available. These are the ones AMC used in their cars and Jeeps. The one I am thinking of, a

10SI or 12, 15 and 17SI can just have one wire to the battery and one 'switched' 12 volt source to trigger it or turn it on so it charges good at idle.

You can get them from 42 to 85 amp.

Mike

Mike Romain