Generator overhauling?

I bought a generator cheap. Works but bearings are shot. Anybody has a page on overhauling it? its a 12 volt 25 amp unit.

Thanks.

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

No help? Please? is it that simple? :)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

I dunno about a VW generator but I've replaced bearings in both Delco and Autolite generators and yes, it is that simple. :) Don't forget to undercut and brighten the commutator and check the brushes and springs.

good luck

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel