Lumina 2004 Won't start, stalled while driving

I have a Lumina 2004, in november 2006, it stalled while driving, took it to a workshop, they tested and changed egr sensor valve and ignition module. Then it run for few thousand kms, car stalled intermittently, then workshop checked and changed crack sensor. After a month, the car stopped again while i am driving. Now they said, Ignition module has to be changed.

Anybody can tell me, what could be the reason, i have faulty ignition module twice within 6 months? Do I need to change the coils? spark plug cables? please help

Reply to
rajanm99

Change anything you like, but there is no reason to change something that is not broken.

You might want to be sure that your previous electrical replacement parts were OEM or high quality aftermarket. There is some garbage out there.

Enjoy your plenty fine GM product.

Reply to
hls

It is common for aftermarket ignition modules to fail early. Sometimes right out of the box. I'd rather use junkyard modules than aftermarket.

Reply to
Steve Austin

Thanks for the info. So far I have always used original GM parts from dealer. They said, no need to change the coild or spark plug cables Reason for fried ignition module has been told due to crank shaft sensor which we replaced a month ago. Also they adjusted the spark plug timings as per DTC.

Thanks Andrew

Reply to
rajanm99