Manufacturers of onboard GPS system

Who are the leading manufacturers of factory installed Global Positioning System equipment (GPSR's) in automobiles?

Thanks for any hints or pointers.

Sigurd

Reply to
Sigurd Kallhovde

Forest

Positioning

Thanks, Forest.

I already asked on said newsgroup, but with somewhat scant response:

(Google link abbreviated)

Also, I am in fact well aware of the site you refer to - a well of high quality GPS related information - and re-checked it today to see if there was some information on this topic squirreled away somewhere there. I found the name of one manufacturer (Xanavi of Japan, a GPS component manufacturer for Infinity), but nothing else (the site is big, though, so I may have missed something). I also found a review of GPSR units in Lexus and BMW, but unfortunately there was no mention of the name of the manufacturer(s).

Still looking for clues - thanks.

Sigurd

Reply to
Sigurd Kallhovde

Clue: Motorola

Reply to
Pyats

manufacturer(s).

Bingo! Thanks - for the "clue" - for the benefit of other readers, follow this link for more info on Motorola's GPS effort:

SK

Reply to
Sigurd Kallhovde