Mazda mpv engine dieing out problem on hot restart

Hi, I have a '92 Mazda MPV V6 and it just started having a strange problem. Most often on a warm start, usually after sitting 10 - 15 min's or so, the van starts fine and comes down to idle and then slowly loses rpm until it dies out. If I goose the gas pedal, it will go back up in rpm, come back down to idle again and then slowly die out. If I drive it like this, I can get it going by continuing to goose the pedal and then i usually have the pedal down about 1/3 of the way even though I am barely moving as if I only stepped on the pedal a little and eventually it all of a sudden zooms up to about 3000 rpm. This seems to go for a couple of minutes and then everthing is back to normal idle(about 850 rpm) . I've also noticed it if I . I've also noticed it if I restart right away or within the first few minutes everything is ok and is also ok if the engine is cold. Any ideas or maybe somebody has had the same problem.....thks

Reply to
roblangston2001