distributor?

hello, in the last year I have put in 2 distributors, from advance auto parts, in my 1998 dodge stratus es. the first one was because the coils in it was bad. the second one was because the cam position sensor was bad. now exactly one year from the time i replaced the second one I'm having the same problem again, p0240 cam position sensor,and the symptoms are exactly the same. i'm beginning to think it's time to find a different place or manufacturer for my distributor. they gave me a lifetime warranty on this part ,but i don't want to change this out every year. any suggestions or thoughts? thanks

Reply to
Randy Pape

"Randy Pape" wrote

1 - Why would you replace a distributor if the cam sensor is the problem? 2 - You don't have a distributor. You have a coil pack.
Reply to
MasterBlaster

On Feb 16, 6:37 am, "MasterBlaster" > problem again, p0240 cam position sensor,and the symptoms are exactly the

Don't forget the "P0240" code. That's a tough one to diagnose on the Stratus.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish