more ot: hacking death

am i a retard or would now seem like a really BAD time to disarm everybody?

Reply to
jim beam

because this could /never/ happen here!

Reply to
jim beam

Well, the British citizens calmly waited for twenty minutes after calling for aid, not a single one having engaged the savages. The amazing thing is that although dramatically outnumbered, both survived. That's a travesty.

Here's the New Model for our Brave New World:

Then again some folks just make reasonable accommodation to life as we find it:

AMuzi

Do you really want to introduce political discussion to this list? It's a very slippery slope.

Reply to
Bill Vanek

It is indeed a slippery slope. Starts small then goes all to hell:

AMuzi

Portal, departed equine, etc...

Reply to
Nate Nagel

It's a mindset that it seems that is encouraged not only in GB but in the US as well... "let the authorities take care of it."

Every now and then we get a lesson in why that is not always the right answer. 9/11 was one of them; this is another. At least in the case of

9/11 at least one planeload full of the general public disregarded that advice, tragically and selflessly as it turns out but still a better outcome than if they hadn't. I'm respectfully removing my imaginary hat as I type this.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

It's past time to look at the root cause, namely the anglo-american foreign policy (meddling, murdering, ruin economic prospects, manipulating groups to fight each other, etc) in the middle east. Or everyone can stick their head in sand again and blame 'crazy people'.

Reply to
Brent

What the empire does overseas will come home.

Reply to
Brent

I dunno, it's the first time I've seen this here. I have seen other groups left in ruins by this.

Reply to
Bill Vanek

potm - required reading.

Reply to
jim beam

that is a very astute observation - perhaps more than you realize. it's very much the root of the resignation that some are making of their responsibilities in many areas.

Reply to
jim beam

not entirely surprising though. everybody there is

  1. completely disarmed.
  2. completely inured of this "resignation" thinking observed by nate.

they won't survive incarceration if they're in general population.

i'm for the latter. for too many others, it seems the tenets on which this nation was built have been completely undermined.

related to this - i think part of the resignation factor is due to the legal processes we have that strangle actual justice. today, if you need redress on something, you have to file a lawsuit which may take years, and cost you a fortune. and even if you win, you might not get the money [assuming that's what you sued for]. in the old days, if someone stole your cattle or assaulted your wife, you could shoot them like a dog. if they cheated you in business or slandered your name, you could call them out to a duel. i think 99% of the financial and legal chicanery we see tying up the justice system today and sucking our financial resources would cease overnight if dueling was not only legal, but encouraged. wall st would shut down overnight. lawyers would have to [horror] think about doing what's right, not what's merely legal. and politicians, well, it would be interesting to see how many would suddenly withdraw their lips from the lobbying teat and volunteer for term limits!

Reply to
jim beam

have you ever read that old tom clancy novel, "red tide rising"?

Reply to
jim beam

duh, "storm", not tide.

Reply to
jim beam

No, don't read much fiction that isn't 'news' :)

Reply to
Brent

well check it out - there's a "false flag" plot device that i think you might find interesting...

Reply to
jim beam