Nissan instrument voltage regulator located?

Hi

I have a 1987 Nissan Sentra, gas, carb, 4 door.

The fuel gauge and temp gauge just stopped working.

The two things that they have in common is a voltage regulator for the Combination Meter that is what Nissan calls the instrument panel in the service manual.

This voltage regulator only connects to the fuel gauge and water temp gauge. Both just died on me.

First where exactly is it located? Then how hard is it to replace? Does the entire dash need to be pulled?

Thanks

Reply to
James Murphy