1993 SL1 jerks when decelerating

Hi gang,

Not sure if someone else has this experience, but I'm baffled as to the problem. A few months ago, my 93 SL1 5-speed began jerking while I am slowing down. It's a manual transmission amd this problem doesn't always occur when I am applying the brake. It also occurs when I push the clutch in. The steering wheel shakes (QUITE a lot) and the car vibrates.

I've seen some posts posted a while ago which dealt with the braking condition being warped rotors. I have a local mechanic that I use that said that he didn't think it would be rotor related as it happens both when I brake and when I use the clutch. He did check the suspension, and tire balance/pressure and found nothing unusual.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
-=None=-

Check your motor mounts, they could be worn or broken.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Hey Marx...

Thanks.. Checked w/ mechanic on this...said he remembers them as fine. He suspects it's a rotor issue. I'll post when I find out for sure.

Thanks for the response!

Reply to
-=None=-