22re: headlights dim when idling

My 92 4wd pickup truck has 110k miles. I notice at night when coming to a stop that the lights willl dim down. I have a new battery and new belts all around. I am sure the belts are not slipping. I have also noticed that the charge indicator on the dash will stay on the charge side but it does come down when I see the lights dimming. Should I be concerned about the alternator failing? Thanks for any input!

--AB

Reply to
arti

Remove the 1000 watt amp and kicker behind the seat ;)

Seriously, how many accessories are running when this happens. I'm guessing the A/c, and maybe you *do* have 1000 watts and a kicker! What other things are running other than the lights, and what happens when you turn them all off?

My 1000 watts and my sub have been dimming my lights for 2 years now!

Reply to
HachiRoku

Reply to
arti

Where in Maine? Could be it's anticipating an early winter and is just starting to shiver? ROFL

Reply to
Jeremiah