Nisson pick up won't get fuel

Ihave a 1992 Nisson pick up with a 2.4 liter engine. Started it the other day-

-ran for maybe 15 seconds then died. It was not fueling. I could spray a littel gas in intake and it would run ok for a few seconds. Fuel filter is fine--electric fuel pump is fine. If it was older and had a normal carberator I'd guess the float was stuck. But it isn't. Any ideas???

thanks

Reply to
triggm via CarKB.com

triggm via CarKB.com

Please don't top-post.

You said the fuel filter and pump are fine, but you didn't say how your arrived at that conclusion.

I don't know anything specific about the vehicle you reference, but I'll throw some general ideas out:

  • Check the fuel pump.
  • Replace the fuel filter
  • Check the fuel pressure
  • Check the fuel pressure
regulator
  • Check the fuel lines
  • Check the fuel injectors' ohms output, if F.I.'ed
  • Check the TB and its related components.
  • Check any sensors related to fuel delivery and adjustment
  • Check the ECU/ECM
Reply to
mst

Reply to
triggm via CarKB.com

You probably have throttle-body-injection (TBI). No float. You have two fuel injectors in the "thing with an air breather that looks somewhat like a carb." They're controlled by a computer under the passenger seat.

Sounds like they're not working - You probably need to take it in.

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada

Reply to
Geoff Glave

Thank you very much. I was hoping it would be something simple--doesn't look like it.

thanks again

Reply to
triggm via CarKB.com