Non-foulers - drawbacks?

I have a carburettered (old) 454 with one cylinder (second from front on driver's side) that fouls its plug with black, wet deposits. It's been suggested that I install a spark plug non-fouler on that cylinder. But I assume there is a drawback. Does it hurt gas mileage, power, or what? I run Champion RV12 plugs.

Henry

Reply to
Henry

"Henry"

| I have a carburettered (old) 454 with one cylinder (second from front on | driver's side) that fouls its plug with black, wet deposits. It's been | suggested that I install a spark plug non-fouler on that cylinder. But | I assume there is a drawback. Does it hurt gas mileage, power, or | what? I run Champion RV12 plugs.

we had a similar problem and found the solution to be going back to the OEM plugs.

Reply to
Not Me

|I have a carburettered (old) 454 with one cylinder (second from front on |driver's side) that fouls its plug with black, wet deposits. It's been |suggested that I install a spark plug non-fouler on that cylinder. But |I assume there is a drawback. Does it hurt gas mileage, power, or |what? I run Champion RV12 plugs.

First, try a hotter plug (RV13?), or one with an extended electrode design, or both (RV13Yc?). If you try a non-fouler, use the OE plug in it. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B