OBD On 95 Blazer?

What version of OBD is on a 95 Blazer?

Can I buy a cheapo version? This is for a farm vehicle that is not worth much, cannot be taken on the regular road but, as long as it's the one doing it's job... it needs to run right. Service Engine Light has come on.

Thanks.

Reply to
rdoc

"rdoc" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I found this in about ten seconds in a Google search:

The short answer turns out to be "we can't tell from here". Go read that page.

Reply to
Tegger

Ahh 1995 the fun year.

Only way to tell is to look at the build date Built before 6/95 it is OBDI Built after 7/95 it is OBDII

BUT they ALL have the OBDII style connector. On the later builds a common OBDII scan tool or code reader will work. On the early builds you need a GOOD scan tool and even then it may not work depending on which parts they actually used to build it.

Those are the OBD 1.5 vehicles. Some used OBDII sensors and controls interfaced to an OBDI type computer with augmented programming, Others used the OBDII programming but shut off sensor unputs that they didn't use.

They can be "fun" to work on.

Reply to
Steve W.

"rdoc" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

it probably won`t tell you much anyway. Is it acting up at all? If not just run it. KB

Reply to
Kevin Bottorff

Can you paperclip jump 2 of the terminals to get the check engine light to blink out the (all numeric) codes? If so, it's OBD1, since you can't count the OBD2 codes, which are alphanumeric.

Reply to
hillpc

Not on the OBD 1.5 oddball trucks. You need the correct scan software to read them.

Reply to
Steve W.