ordering tools online

just wanted everyone to know that the US Postal Service has time machines now. Today is Dec 15, and here is a tracking link:

showing that I will soon receive an item ONE WEEK AGO!

amazing GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Very simple explanation: The calendar has been sequestered.

Reply to
Mr.E

If I can't buy what I want in local area stores, I don't need it anyway.

Reply to
JR

Was it a nice expensive tool ?? Then it probably "fell off the truck" in Richmond, and since it has not passed another scan point, the system won't update.

Reply to
Retired

From the same folks who brought us the healthcare site?

Reply to
Bill Vanek

We ship a stack of parcels six days a week and I've never seen Post Office deliveries as slow as the last two months.

Lost items are up as well from negligible to aggravating and your 'insurance' is worth a bit less than the average lotto ticket.

Reply to
AMuzi

If I used that logic, my life would suck indeed. Tooltopia is your friend.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I just bought a water pump for an LG washing machine. I could have bought it locally but it would have cost $116. The part, with 2nd day shipping was $65 bucks. It was an offer I couldn't refuse. A tool to put on the spring retainer for the rubber gasket cost $70 to $35 on the web. I used an old fashioned automobile brake spring tool instead from the auto parts store for under $10. That one I bought locally. I don't see much point in restricting myself to sources located anywhere in particular.

Reply to
dsi1

good info, AMuzi, thanks GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

Well, that's reassuring, seeing as I just shipped all my pocketknives off to be sharpened (nobody local will touch a folder, and it's FAR cheaper to send them off than to buy the stones I would need to resharpen them all myself.)

I personally haven't had bad luck with USPS (touch wood) but with my luck it'll be the little box with several hundred dollars' worth of knives that gets lost...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I've only received one UPS package recently, and it was only one day late due to a storm *shrug*

I avoid them like the plague though after a string of bad experiences a few years ago.

I did get all my knives back a day earlier than expected, so that was nice (USPS)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Our company used the USPS to mail hearing aids, which can cost thousands, for decades without any problems. What most people don't know is that the US mail is a remarkably reliable system.

Reply to
dsi1