(OT) Gas engine tools/equipment.

Gas engine chainsaws, weed wackers, and such like. Ha! I never saw one yet that was worth a dang. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I've owned the same poulan chainsaw ($70), and poulan weedwacker ($55) for 5 years now. Both still run great. A proper fuel mixture & storing them properly is the key to a long life.

Reply to
m6onz5a

I have come to prefer electric tools and a small generator. I find I spend much less time moving the generator around than I did trying to get the weedwacker or hedgetrimmer to start.

Reply to
Ulysses

I had forgotten Poulan.I do believe Poulan builds the best.

Those Remington electric chainsaws and perhaps Black & Decker electric chainsaws, (I was looking at some electric chainsaws at the Lowes store last week) some of them have a plastic (nylon or whatever, gear.Those plastic gears don't last at all.I don't want another electric chainsaw that has a plastic gear, they are a waste of money in my opinion.

Of course gas engine chainsaws and similar equipment are a necessity in some applications such as tree logging/whatever. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I have an electric chainsaw made by McCullogh that I've been using for many years to cut firewood. It'll cut 12" oak but not as quickly as a gas saw. I had another electric chainsaw made by some four-letter word that started with a "W" I think. It was designed so that when the brushes wore down they destroyed the armature in the motor. They, of course, wanted more than the saw was worth for the parts.

Reply to
Ulysses

There is a store about two miles from me, they sell and repair small gas engine equipment.Maybe I will see if they sell electric chainsaws with all steel gears.I rarely ever need to use a chainsaw, but when I do, I want something that works. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin