OT: Ohio budget solution....NOT!!!

Copy and send it....write your own ....do something CALLING all OHIOANS.

Governor Bob Taft

30th Floor 77 South High Street Columbus, Ohio 43215-6117

Dear Sir,

I am appalled by the State of Ohio?s willingness to extort money from its citizens. I understand that Ohio has a severe shortage of money. This problem should be taken care of a bit more gracefully than the soon-to-be extra collection of money by the state in almost every area. Liquor licenses are to double (100% increase under $300.00), vehicle registrations are going up $11.00(is this the largest percent increase in state history?) drivers license renewals up $12.00 (over 100% increase) Sales tax is up a percent. Now the state has decided to tax manicures, pedicures, massages etc. to tax deliveries, taxis, limousines, snow removal. This is not an increase to raise some money, this is taxing us repeatedly and without justification. Will contractors and lawn service be next? This needs to stop before it starts, for there will be no end to it if it does begin. I do not want to see MY state, the state I have lived in and had great pride for all my life, turn into a state of the likes of California and New York. I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but Ohio needs to take care of its budget problems without taking any additional money out of the pockets or Ohioans. You have already signed the bills; what can we do now?

Sincerely,

A person who voted for you?..

Reply to
Uncle Dodo

Hey, does it matter if we live in California, Scotland, Finland, Zaire, New Zealand, Australia, Moldavia, etc.?

At least you're aptly yclept.

Reply to
Lon Stowell