P0401 EGR Insufficient Flow

I replaced my EGR valve last month when I began getting this code, thinking that would solve the problem. It did for about 30 days. But the old EGR valve did not seem to be defective - it could hold a vacuum and I saw the needle move when I applied vacuum.

Anyone know what the deal is here? It's a 1996 Ford Taurus.

Reply to
August

The passage leading to the intake manifold from the EGR valve is probably blocked with carbon deposits. Cleaning it should get rid of the code.

- JR

Reply to
JR Lomas

Check PFE sensor.