EGR flow insufficient

My 96 60k 3.0L Ranger has a check engine light on. The code tells me the EGR flow is insufficient. I have replaced the valve. The carbon build-up doesn't appear excessive in the intake manifold or the aspirator tube coming from the exhaust manifold. The vacuum lines appear to be ok.

I have reset the code several times but it always comes back after driving for a while.

Is there a way to check the transducer backflow control? I would hate to replace the part (about $80) and find that it still doesn't fix the problem. Are there any other parts I should be looking at?

Any help is appreciated....

Reply to
Messenger