parking lot

Hi All,

My grandma loses her car in the parking lot all the time. Is there a cheap device that she can put in the car, sthg like a radio, to locate the car.

Thanks, Adam

Reply to
erdem

Mike Behnke

Reply to
stuart8181

I used to laugh at people that could lose their car in a parking lot, but discovered, much to my chagrin, that a '76 T-bird, despite being freaking huge, was slung so low that it could hide behind much smaller cars. Fortunately, it was long enough that one end always stuck out, so it was findable.

A long flexible dummy antenna with a flag should do the trick. The flag should be brightly coloured, but lame enough that no one would swipe it. The aerial should be long enough to spot over a full sized SUV.

Reply to
Richard Bell

A balloon..

Reply to
HLS

Does her car have the remote control door locks? If so it probably has the otherwise-useless "panic" feature which can be used to locate the car. Press "panic" and the horn honks for a while.

Reply to
Bob M.

I suspect every driver has experienced the phenomenon of inattention to detail when they park such that finding the vehicle is difficult. The first time that happens a light should go off in one's head to somehow reference the spot where they park. It's really very simple. Remember that you are near the cart coral or straight out from the mail box or whatever. When finding the vehicle is becoming a problem I wonder if the driving skills are also lost.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

Umm...if she always loses her car....

Why is she still driving?

Reply to
Sean

|Hi All, | |My grandma loses her car in the parking lot all the time. Is there a |cheap device that she can put in the car, sthg like a radio, to locate |the car.

Leave a trail of bread crumbs? Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B