Peugeot 205 overheating causes?

I think my ( petrol) Peugeot 205 is overheating.The water temperature light comes on after about 10 minutes of the engine running, but does go off later. When the engine is turned off, lots of bubbling in the system can be heard. I've been told this could be the headgasket...an expensive problem to solve. Is this most likely, could it be anything else ( cheaper) at fault ?? Thanks.

Reply to
croco66