problem in 90 degree 16 cylinder railway v engine

hi! please explain me the various prolems that are faced in 90 degree 16 cylinder v engine used in railways. please explain me in detail two t0 three points. hoping for ur reply soon. have a nice day.

bye. shivendra

Reply to
shivendra.vishal

wrote

Translation: I want to be a locomotive mechanic, because I hear it pays lots of money. However, I have no mechanical skills or knowledge, and I'm too lazy to actually study the manuals or go to school, so I figure if you give me the answers to the exams, then I can fake my way into the job by pretending I know about them, and hopefully I can learn enough while on the job to keep from getting fired, and perhaps even avoid killing myself or the other workers due to my incompetence.

Reply to
MasterBlaster

  1. Someone in maintenance department substitutes engine oil with canola oil so that they can sell it on the black market - result seized engine.
  2. Use of Indian manufactured replacement parts causes engine to become unreliable
  3. Collisions with cows causes air filter to become clogged with cow guts
Reply to
ShazWozza

Last I looked, 90 degree V16's ran a bit funny - at least on paper. Never saw one. All I ever saw were 45 degree V16's. They run much smoother since the firing order and balance are natural. Nevertheless, I would be interested in looking over a 90 degree V16 loco engine just for the curiosity of it.

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

If the crank is arranged like two V-8s put together end-to-end, there's no reason it wouldn't be smoother than a typical V-8. Most 8-cylinder engines are 90 degree vees, although I think Ferrari may have made a few boxers?

nate

Reply to
N8N

I have seen a number of end-2-end arrangements like that in loco, marine and stationary applications. The cranks are bolted together out of direct sync such that you then have the firing inpulse spacing of a 45 degree engine even though both are 90 deg layouts. You want cylinders firing to be as evenly spaced as possible because of the torsional load or harmonics transmitted thru the crank(s).

Lugnut

Reply to
lugnut

Taking an open book examination possibly?

Reply to
John S.