Problem with 89 Crx Si Brakes lights

Ive had this Crx sitting for a couple years in my parking lot it starts right up always but then my barkes light stay on all the time now i have to disconnect the battery its some kind of short its never done that before has anyone had this problem before if you have can you help please thanks.

Reply to
eddie7Rod

snipped-for-privacy@aim.com wrote in news:1169773475.153140.185350 @a75g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

The little plastic button at the top of the brake pedal arm has split or has fallen off.

When that happens, the brake light switch stays closed all the time.

The button is pennies at the dealer (relatively speaking) and is easy to replace.

Reply to
Tegger

Reply to
eddie7Rod

Look at the switch on the brake pedal. Is it mechanically closed when the pedal isn't down?

If the switch is opening and closing properly, disconnect the wires from it. Does the light stay on? If so, it's the switch. If not, it's in the wiring from the switch on down.

I assume, of course that you mean the brake lights on the rear of the car, and not the one on the dashboard, right?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Reply to