radio controls are wacky

I have a 98 Pontiac Trans Am with the radio volume controls on the steering wheel. The volume will go way down intermittently, especially when turning a corner. I know it is some kind of short in the wiring on the wheel - but how can I fix it and is it expensive? Or is it the wiring going to the radio rather than the wheel?

Reply to
cclian

Sounds like the clock spring wiring in behind the wheel has a short. Not real cheap since that was not a big option. Might want to check with some salvage yards and maybe a dealer and see if that part is still available.

Reply to
Steve W.