RainX 2 n 1 cleaner/treatment any good?

I see that RainX and Stoner both have windshield sprays that not only clean but lay down treatment to repel water as well

Anyone tried either one and can tell me if they are worth the $5 per bottle cost?

Or are the separate cleaner and treatments better?

me

I got some RainX windshield washer at WalMart* for about the same price as regular WW. It's orange and has RainX built into it.

It works well if you like RainX. However, unless it's a steady rain it's a PITA...makes streaks on the windshield.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I havent tried any of them in a few years. Originally, I did not like them at all, and doubt they have improved. They can cause streaking under some conditions, with loss of visibility.

Reply to
hls

OK...wonder how well Stoners 2 in 1 version works then?

Reply to
me

See my answer, below. Still does...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

I'd not be inclinded to use anything called "Stoners"...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

New spray on Invisible Glass has something in it that is suppose to be similar to RainX.I looked for it a few months ago in a few auto parts stores, they had never heard of it before.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I agree. If one is irritated by condensation on the inside of the glass, items are available which will prevent them well enough...like the treatment you use inside ski goggles. There are a bunch of these products... But for outside glass surfaces, not my cuppa

Reply to
hls

I have used RainX several times. It will make driving in rain at night under street lights almost impossible. The glare is horrible. Daytime driving in mist conditions is difficult. If you only drive in day in heavy rain, then it would be ok. I would imagine Stoner is similar.

Reply to
Paul

OK....well I'm driving abt 900 miles next week.... from Missouri to Texas to visit family.

Just thought it might be worthwhile treating the windshield with either product BEFORE the trip

Reply to
me

Good windshield wipers are best.Inspect them, make sure they are in good shape. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin