Re: 41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG

How much cost do you think the warranty adds to the vehicle?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I would guess that depends on the dealer. The local Honda and Toyota dealers are horrid, so I they probably try to screw the Customer and the manufacturer on warranty work. You do realize that Toyota dealer score lower on Customer service than Domestic dealers....and after having to deal with the local Toyota dealers I can see why. The Mafia has more integrity.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

I don't know Jeff but I do know manufactures self-insure to cover the warranty. If I were to pick a number I would guess only $1,000 or so, but that is only I guess. When I speak to someone who may know, I will ask. I see Iacocca often but he has been out of manufacturing longer than me.

How much cost do you think the warranty adds to the vehicle?

Jeff

Reply to
Mike Hunter

snipped-for-privacy@mara100-84.onlink.net...

Probably now, but not back when my dad got a '96 Camry on Consumer Reports' recommendation. Yes it had its share of problems - right after driving it off the lot, he complained about unusual wind noises, which the dealer did nothing about. About 10 years after, I found the problem: the rubber seals around the doors were not properly sealed. I stuffed them with paper towels, and no more noise.

I agree with you on the dealerships. Thanks to my local Toyota dealership screwing me so badly, I now try to do all car maintenance myself. For stuff I can't do, I pay a mechanic recommended by a family friend.

The dealership didn't have a clue about my stop-sign stalling, but would have been happy to look at it if I paid them $100 minimum... ha ha ha. I finally figured it out after doing some web research, and changed out the bad ECT sensor.

Some surprises here (Ford leading the domestics?)

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

I've gotta stick up for the Krauts here, although VWoA are notorious combusting rectums, I did manage to get a free belly pan for my GTI when I brought it into the dealership for an oil change (still under warranty; every other oil change was free from the dealer so price was less than I could do it for myself overall) and flat out told them that it was missing because a truck had lost a load of drywall two cars in front of me on the Beltway. I just wanted them to give me a price on one so I could decide whether to keep the stock plastic or buy the DieselGeek part, but when I got the car back it had a new one on, no charge. I was pretty impressed by that and I'm sure that if all VW dealers were like that they'd have taken over the world by now.

Of course, the same dealership tried to completely screw a friend of mine's wife on some service work on her Cabrio, so you win some, you lose some.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Whenever things are compiled as a 'list,' rather than quantified, there will ALWAYS be one on top and another on the bottom albeit a 'good' or 'bad' list.

Sort of like Cars lists that are never quantified and thus useless ;)

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Was she a looker?

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Lexus to recall 200,000 cars in U.S.

Something about a pipe that delivers fuel to the engine. Toyota ''Quality''

Sure, and Quality Counts! old Jiggs and Maggie cartoon I remember from back in the 1950s. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Yes, they do. My uncle was given an extended warranty on his T-Bird transmission. I've had the dealership do some goodwill on their own, independent of Ford.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Gee

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 14:43:39 -0500, "Elmo P. Shagnasty"

Well that lets out a Toyota.

Reply to
Tom W. Butts

According to the latest surveys, 93% of people who bought or rented a Prius did it to make a statement about how "green" they were. After all, what's the point of being "green" if no one notices.

Toyota loves to quote surveys. According to their commercials 90-odd % of all 1993 Camry's are still on the road. I don't know where they all are, I don't see many Toyotas much over 10 years old on the road.

Reply to
Tom W. Butts

There are certain kinds of women who buy certain kinds/models of cars to make a certain kind of ''statemen(s)'' Or so I once read before on the web. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Huh. Not everyone is that shallow.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

I believe that showing how green one is a large reason why people buy the Prius. In general, however, people often don't know why they did things. That's why marketers work so hard to figure how to change people's behavior.

One of the things I would like to see is an accounting of how much in the way of resources the Prius takes to make as opposed to cars without the hybrid system, considering that the batteries require stuff from mines (e.g., nickel) that regular cars don't require much of.

Jeff

JEff

Reply to
Jeff