Re: 41 MPG city Fusion Hybrid more efficient than Camry Hybrid's 33 MPG

> >According to latest surveys, 93% of people who have bought or rented a P= rius > >are positive and > >would do it again. =A0That is pretty good customer satisfaction. > > According to the latest surveys, 93% of people who bought or rented a > Prius did it to make a statement about how "green" they were. =A0After > all, what's the point of being "green" if no one notices. > > Toyota loves to quote surveys. =A0According to their commercials 90-odd > % of all 1993 Camry's are still on the road. =A0I don't know where they > all are, I don't see many Toyotas much over 10 years old on the road.

I believe that showing how green one is a large reason why people buy the Prius. In general, however, people often don't know why they did things. That's why marketers work so hard to figure how to change people's behavior.

One of the things I would like to see is an accounting of how much in the way of resources the Prius takes to make as opposed to cars without the hybrid system, considering that the batteries require stuff from mines (e.g., nickel) that regular cars don't require much of.

Jeff

JEff

Reply to
Jeff