Re: 99 s-10 (4.3l) - gauges went dead and no power...

Seems like I had a nearly total power failure in my truck.. After

> passing through an intersection, I shifted into 3rd and when I starting > letting out the clutch It felt like I was in first (heavy > decelleration).. at which point I noticed no gauges (I think the speedo > was still working). > > So I pulled off, thinking I was stalled I turned the key and 'crrrnzk' > oops.. I'm running but depressing the accellerator does nothing. > > I turned on the flashers (which worked, and my AC fan worked fine) and > pulled off. > > After turning the ignition to off, and then back on the gauges seemed to > be fine, and it started right up. > > Is there a circuit breaker (perhaps in the relay box?) that I should > check? Maybe it's just a bit dirty.... > > Oh, and no fuses blown..all electrics seem to be fine.... > > odd... > -- > DoD# 2223, OFCC #3122 > Meum scapha volitare plenum anguillae

Bad ignition switch?

BOB

Reply to
BOB URZ

Hmm, there's a thought.. I guess the odd thing is that the gauges went dead but not my stereo or AC fan..or engine... but I thought the engine was dead becase pressing the throttle didn't do anything (perhaps understandable with fuel injection/computer control and all).

I suspect I'll have to try to check more things if this happens again, stop the truck and get out.. make sure lights are working... etc..

Reply to
B Walker