Re: Camry red flag raised in 2004

Toyota will resolve the issue. Toyota has done something American

> manufacturers don't so: they halted sales of their best selling units. > Rather than leaving them on the lot and "we'll figure it out after the > sales are made", they're taking a proactive approcah and grounding the > fleet. It could be argued this is costing them a LOT more than selling the > cars and then recalling them. >

Uh, don't give Toyota the gold star or the smiley stickers just yet. They did it because their accountants realized that it would be cheaper to suspend sales now instead of recalling an even greater number at increased expense later. Their integrity is not above anybody else and anybody who believes this has been watching too many of their commercials on TV. You did give some good advice as to not buy one at this moment though.

Reply to
Kruse