Re: Dealer can't make me keys from VIN for 1994 F150 ?!?

Any good locksmith can cut you a brand new key (With a small "pliers like" hand tool) by looking at your old key and cutting a new one. There are only X positions and X depths at each position on each key. I always had this done every time I bought a used car. It generally costs between $5 & $10 dollars, then they can just copy the new key.

I am in situation where I would like to get some new keys for my 1994 > F150 . The only keys I have are 3rd or 4th generation and will not > duplicate well . I want to get a new set of key cut from the ID #s but > Ford dealer says their database does not go back that far !!! . Is > this true ? My alternative is either to repalce the locks or see > what locksmith can do for me both of which are more expensive and > inconvenient for me .
Reply to
351CJ