Re: front caliper pins are different

Hi

> > Recently changing front brake pads, I removed the front caliper pins for > cleaning and re-lubricating. When I had both pins inm y hands, I noticed thy > were both different. One was all metal, while the other had a plastic sleeve > with ridges on it. > > Why are they diferent? Which one is the top pin? Does it matter if they have > been switched location top vs bottom? > > (2002 Odyssey and 1998 Maxima) > Greetings from Montreal

Are you sure that only one of the pins has the plastic sleeve? Maybe the other one was left inside the housing. Just a thought

Reply to
Larry Smith

No I am not sure.

The sleeve did not look like it was removable from what I can recall I'll have to disassemble it and make sure.

Reply to
Daniel

You are correct. One pin has a rubber thing on the end. On my 2001 Civic I believe that this pin goes in the bottom. I'll check the Helms manual if you wish (Civic).

Craig.

Reply to
Craig Smith

the one with the sleeve goes in the top. Chip

Reply to
Chip Stein